To configure manually your email accounts with Mozilla Thunderbird first open the program on your computer. Then click theÂ ToolsÂ tab >Â Account Settings.
From the new window press onÂ Account Actions, thenÂ Add Mail AccountÂ account.
Enter your name as you would like it to appear in theÂ Your nameÂ field for all outgoing messages. Input your full email address in theÂ Email addressÂ field. Provide the password for the email account. ClickÂ Continue.
If your email address and password are correct, you will see a confirmationÂ Configuration found by trying common server names. Click on theÂ Configure manuallyâ€¦Â button at the bottom of the pop-up window to continue. Use the following settings:
- TheÂ IncomingÂ setting is set toÂ IMAP by default. Unless you specifically want to useÂ POP3Â you should leave it that way;
- For theÂ Server setting type your domain name if it is pointed to your Creative Web Designing website. Alternatively, you can use the server hostname: cwdnetwork.com
- Leave theÂ PortÂ option onÂ Auto;
- ForÂ SSLÂ andÂ AuthenticationÂ selectÂ Autodetect;
- SetÂ UsernameÂ to yourÂ full email addressÂ (i.e firstname.lastname@example.org) for bothÂ IncomingÂ andÂ Outgoing.
When ready, click theÂ Re-testÂ button so that Thunderbird can test if the settings are correct.
To verify the email settings, go to yourÂ Site Tools -> Email -> Accounts. Choose the preferred domain name and go to theÂ Three dot menuÂ >Â Mail Configuration. In there click onÂ Manual Settings.
If you have configured everything correctly, theÂ DoneÂ button should become available. Click it and your email address will be added to your Thunderbird and you can start managing your emails.