- Administrator – Full access to anything on your WordPress site.
- Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Subscriber Viewer role; can read and comment on posts and pages.
Each user role is capable of everything that a less powerful role is capable of. (In other words, Editors can do everything Authors can do, Authors can do everything Contributors can do, and so on.)