Mobile Email Settings
With Creative Web Designing, your new email account can be easily configured on your smartphone device. Before you can access your email account through your mobile phone, the email mobile app will require some specific configuration. Here is the information you will need:
Set Up Your Email Account on an iPhone
You will need the following settings to complete the email configuration on your iPhone:
- Name: the name of your email user (e.g. John Smith)
- Address: your email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: the password for your email address. If you don’t know it you can change it via cPanel or contact us to change it for you.
- Description: a short description of your email account (e.g. John’s Mail)
- Host Name: mail.yourdomainname.com
- User Name: the email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: the password for the above email address
Set Up Your Email Account on an Android Phone
To set up your email on an Android phone, first open the Settings app and tap Accounts → Add Account and add the email (email@example.com), the password for this account. Once you finish, tap Next.
Next, you will be able to choose the type of email account you will be using. We recommend the IMAP protocol because it will keep your messages on the server after you download them on a local device.
You will need to fill in your username and password again and tap Next. Next, you will have to enter the incoming server settings:
When you complete filling in the information, tap Next and continue with the outgoing server settings.
Tap Next and choose the preferred sync frequency options. Lastly, press Next and your email account will be ready to use with your Android phone.